Okmulgee County Residents Asked To Report Flood Damage From Sunday Night Storms

Jun 8, 2021

Credit Okmulgee County Emergency Management

Emergency management officials are urging Okmulgee County residents and business owners to report any damage to their property from heavy rains and flooding Sunday and Monday.

Damage can be reported at damage.ok.gov. It will help the county's request for federal disaster assistance.

Some areas of the county may have received 1 foot of rain Sunday night, and flooding shut down Highway 75 early Monday morning.

Okmulgee firefighters rescued several people from high waters at a mobile home park, and an emergency shelter had to be set up for people displaced by flooding.