A Prairie Home Companion with Chris Thile is coming back for a new season this fall. You won't want to miss this fun, witty, star-studded, 26-show second season. Each episode has original music, comedy and a talented special guest.
Here are some fall dates to look forward to!
- October 7: The Palace Theatre, St. Paul, MN
- October 14: The Fitzgerald Theater, St. Paul, MN
- October 21: The Fitzgerald Theater, St. Paul, MN
- October 28: The Pasadena Civic Auditorium, Pasadena, CA
- November 4: The San Diego Civic Theatre, San Diego, CA
- December 2: Town Hall, New York, NY
- December 9: Town Hall, New York, NY
- December 16: Town Hall, New York, NY
Get a little preview of what's coming soon and listen to a special message from Chris HERE.
Tune in to Public Radio 89.5 at 5:00 p.m. on October 7, 2017 for the Season Two premiere. Until then, you can catch up on Season One rebroadcasts.
All about Chris... as a mandolinist he is among the most highly acclaimed musicians of his generation.
Chris made his first Prairie Home Companion appearance in 1996. That broadcast showcased remarkable young artists. Chris, then 15, clearly fit the bill. Since that early APHC booking, Chris, recipient of a 2012 MacArthur "genius" grant, has certainly made his mark - and not only in bluegrass music. His mandolin concerto, Ad astra per alas porci, had its official premiere in 2009 with the Colorado Symphony Orchestra. He has collaborated with a who's who of musicians. His album Bass & Mandolin (Nonesuch) with Edgar Meyer won a Grammy, as did The Goat Rodeo Sessions (Sony Masterworks), when he joined forces with Meyer, Stuart Duncan, and Yo-Yo Ma. And his Bach: Sonatas and Partitas, Vol. 1 - music originally composed for violin - was released by Nonesuch Records in 2013.