Tulsa Public Schools will stop mobile meal service for the month starting Tuesday but will offer grab-and-go meals at more than a dozen sites throughout the city.
Bus drivers who were delivering meals will be busy transporting students enrolled in summer programs. Students enrolled in summer programming will receive free breakfast and lunch meals at their schools and breakfast and lunch meals to take home every weekend
Grab-and-go meals will be available 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Parents can pick them up without their students present by providing certain forms of ID, including a student ID, report card, birth certificate, documents like hospital or daycare records, or a text message from the district sent to all parents. Those texts come from the short-code 67587.
Pickup locations are:
- Emerson Elementary, 910 N Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.
- East Central Junior High, 12121 E 21st St.
- Kerr Elementary, 202 S 117th East Ave.
- Hamilton Elementary, 2316 N Norwood Ave.
- MacArthur Elementary, 2182 S 73rd East Ave.
- McKinley Elementary, 6703 E King St.
- Skelly Elementary, 2940 S 90th East Ave.
- Anderson Elementary, 1921 E 29th St. North
- Celia Clinton Elementary, 1740 N Harvard Ave.
- Hawthorne Elementary, 1105 E 33rd St. North
- Key Elementary, 5702 S Irvington Ave.
- Marshall Elementary, 1142 E 56th St.
- Clinton West Elementary, 2224 W 41st St.
- Eisenhower International School, 3111 E 56th St.
Meals provided Mondays through Thursdays will be lunch and breakfast for the following day. On Fridays, families will receive lunch for Friday, lunch and breakfast for Saturday and Sunday, and breakfast for the following Monday.
More information on the TPS Summer Café program is available at tulsaschools.org/mealsites.
The food bank will offer free meals for adults at the grab-and-go sites on Wednesdays.