Bird Creek spills from its banks
The National Weather Service in Tulsa has issued a
* Flood warning for
The bird Creek near Owasso.
* from this morning to late Wednesday night...or until the warning is
* at 100 am Tuesday the stage was 11.95 feet.
* flood stage is 18.0 feet.
* moderate flooding is forecast.
* Forecast...The Bird Creek near Owasso is expected to rise
above flood stage this morning and continue to rise to near 23.6
feet by Wednesday before dawn. The river is expected to fall below
flood stage Wednesday evening.
* impact...at 24.0 feet...serious overflows along bird creek reach
into suburban areas south of Owasso. Mingo road and several roads
southwest of Owasso and in the Mohawk park area are closed. Flood
waters will threaten the Oxley Nature Center. This is an extremely
dangerous and life threatening situation.